The Lallubhai Motilal College of Pharmacy was founded in the year 1947, by the most trusted and philanthropic educational trust Ahmedabad Education Society, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad. LMCP is approved by AICTE and PCI, New Delhi, Government of India and affiliated to Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad. L. M. College of Pharmacy (LMCP) was founded in 1947 on a humble donation of Rs. 3.0 lakhs by the family of late Seth Shri Lallubhai Motilal after whom the college is named.
L. M. College of Pharmacy aims to provide quality pharmacy education to fulfill the requirements of the Pharmaceutical industry and health needs of the society at a large and achieve the excellence in Pharmaceutical research. As an aided institution with a long and rich history, the college aims to offer education in Pharmacy at an affordable cost. The college is dedicated to exemplary student-centered education.
Being the premier college of Pharmacy in India, we wish to: To introduce the leading edge programs to respond to the needs of the students To narrow down the gap between Pharmaceutical industry and academy To keep pace in teaching skills with today’s expectation for pharmacy educators To adopt distance learning and problem based learning by 2010 To provide active participation and in-depth experiences that allow students to acquire the skills and judgment and to develop the level of confidence and responsibility needed for independent and collaborative practic.
We intend to take initiatives to satisfy the following goals:
- To provide outstanding educational opportunities for the future leaders of great India
- To develop an environment that supports and fosters scholarly pursuits among faculty.
- To generate resources necessary to sustain both quality and growth
- Provide a better environment for research, consultancy and patenting research work
- Increase use of technology tools by students
- To provide educators to the new and established Pharmacy colleges
- Help students better visualize the process of drug development
- Improve students motivation to study pharmacy
- To provide more jobs to students via campus interview
- Improve students understanding and retention of materials
- Develop better problem solving skills
- To improve effective verbal and written communication
- Continuous staff training at industry (sabbatical leave)
- Up-gradation of the existing laboratories (modernization)
- Modernize library